Save and Autosave fails sometimes

Dear Arduino Team,
I use 2.0.0 beta 4 for my current development.
I cannot reproduce the issue with sistematically steps, but it happened to me several times.
I did a lot of works, edit files, complie and upload and all il fine.
When I reopen the sketch It seems that I lost of my last development itereation and I need to search in user Temp folder for the last version of my sketch.

Now I check the timestamp and content of the file and when there are no matches I need to save with Ide a copy with another name.

Edit - I just download Beta 5, I will check this issue with new version and I will give feedback...

Hi @ClaudioCas. Thanks for your valuable feedback on the beta Arduino IDE 2.x!

I have also noticed a similar issue, and reported it here:

I see there is another report which might be related:

Unlike mine, that one has been marked fixed and that fix was released in Arduino IDE 2.0.0-beta.5. So hopefully this means that updating to 2.0.0-beta.5 will solve your problem.

Thanks Pert for your kind reply.
I'm testing the new beta and seems works great with autosaves at the moment.
Well done!

Yay! I'm very glad to hear this. Please let us know if you encounter any more problems.

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.