Save "high" number of values in PC from Arduino via bluetooth

I'm using an Arduino Nano along with voltage/current/temperature sensors to monitor a battery pack consisting of three 18650 batteries. The values I'm monitoring are the voltage of each cell, discharge current of the battery pack and the temperature of each cell.

These values get sent via an HC-06 bluetooth to my PC, but I want to save each value over extended periods, where I'll probably request each of those values every 10 seconds or so, over a period of 2-4 hours.

The amount of data can get pretty high since it's about 7 variables measured every 10 seconds (could be more or less time) for 2-4 hours.

I tried Excel Data Streamer but it's limited to 500 data rows; which I believe that since I have 7 variables to measure, every 10 seconds I would use 7 data rows, so in roughly 12 minutes I would use all 500 data rows.
Is there some software that could get this done? Being able to recieve and store larger amounts of data. I want to later on plot and study all data although this plot doesn't have to be made live though, as in updated at the same time each data is received.

Maybe PLX-DAQ

There is no need for collecting all the data.
Send only if there's a significant change in one of the values and add a timestamp.

I tried Excel Data Streamer but it's limited to 500 data rows; which I believe that since I have 7 variables to measure, every 10 seconds I would use 7 data rows, so in roughly 12 minutes I would use all 500 data rows.

Caveat that I've never used Excel Data Streamer, but isn't it possible to capture data in multiple columns? If so you could presumably generate eight columns per 10-interval sample: one for timestamp, and the other seven for your data values. That would give you a bit more scope, albeit not of the order of the 2-4 hours you're looking for.

Alternatively in your position I would be writing a simple application on the PC to read data from the bluetooth/serial and dumping it out in CSV format to look at later. You're then only limited by the amount of space in the filesystem.

tomparkin:
Alternatively in your position I would be writing a simple application on the PC to read data from the bluetooth/serial and dumping it out in CSV format to look at later. You're then only limited by the amount of space in the filesystem.

In 2019, I wrote data from serial port to to memory mapped files.

In 2019, I wrote data from serial port to to memory mapped files.

I’m not sure what you’re driving at here.

Are you suggesting that memory-mapped files could help OP in this scenario?

have a look at gnuplot

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.