Save value

Good night

I'm getting values ??from a sensor and liked to write these values ??into .txt How can I do this?

thank you.

You could write a Processing app, or an app in your language of choice, or you could attach a memory card reader to your Arduino.

Most standalone terminal programs ( brey, putty, realterm, etc ) can capture serial port output to txt file. I use putty.exe.

Hi,
If you have microsoft XL or any other spreadsheet program, you can save your data in CSV format.

Its a text based format, that can be imported into a spreadsheet and then will allow you to chart your data.

The format is very simple, if you only have one data source, you can simply use println as you would for a text file, but save the file as CSV instead of text.

If you have more than one data source, use print(datasourceone) print(’,’) println(datasourcetwo)

Basically for each extra column of data, you need a comma to separate it from the preceding data, for the last data item you use println to end the line. The file should look like this -

data1value,data2value,data3value

CSV stands for comma separated values as you might have guessed from reading above.

You can see some plots I have generated from my blog using this approach and an SD Card -

Duane B

rcarduino.blogspot.com

I'll try to implement the advice. then if you have any questions I say more

thank you