Scanning QR code with ov7670 and arduino uno and sending it to server

Hi,

I am planning to create a project which will scan QR code and send it to server for validation.QR code scanning will be done by ov7670 and Arduino and esp8266 will send data to server for validation and in return, I will get a response whether its valid or not.

I need your inputs on this, is it possible using Arduino(Since it has only 2k RAM memory) and can i directly send an image to the server after scanning it.?

I need your inputs on this, is it possible using Arduino(Since it has only 2k RAM memory) and can i directly send an image to the server after scanning it.?

I see absolutely no reason for the Arduino in this setup. You might need the ESP8266 for the WiFi interface but it already has a serial interface, you can connect the ov7670 directly there.

But definitely better is a Raspberry Pi with camera as it can take the picture, decode the QRcode and decide the validity. And if the last step has to be done on the server for any reason it includes all the relevant network interfaces to check that.

Indeed, the Pi can actually be the server.

Thank you for your inputs.
I am going ahead with raspberry pi.