School project help needed pls

Hello guys,

I am a music teacher and need some help and your expertise to make a small portable construction (like a joystick-keyboard with screen) that my students will write messages on it and it will save the messages of students and if possible I can plug a screen that will project all the messages. Is that possible with Arduino or should I try it with Raspberry pi?

Thank you in advance

You need to flesh this out a lot more.

An RPI would probably be more applicable.

Let's say it has to look like a game console. i found a way to do it but it has to use a serial monitor which is something that I don't really want.

To flesh it out:

1. Student no.1 will compose a message for example "Save the Earth"
  2. Message A shows on the screen
  3. Student no.2 will compose a second message ex. "Save Animals"
  4. Message B + A shows on screen
  5. so forth

If I plug the construction on screen I want to project all messages together. I want students to exchange their thoughts!

I think a Raspberry Pi would be the better solution because you have screen and keyboard support. You could even have multiple of them and send messages around and display them at the same time. You could use multiple programming languages, so students have an option between Python, JavaScript or C++.

And if you really want to use Arduino you can have some Arduino with WiFi send pre-programmed messages to the Raspberry Pi triggered by buttons or sensors.

thx for the reply, I find it a bit tricky but I'll figure it out! Thanks for the help guys. Any more information are welcome. :slight_smile:

OK you want a portable device with a touch screen that students can write on. That sounds like an android tablet.

I'm not an android but I guess you could lock it down to that one app.

Then if you have a projector you can connect the tablet to the projector and show the messages; or you could pass the messages to a pc via wifi and show the conversation as it develops?

johnerrington:
OK you want a portable device with a touch screen that students can write on. That sounds like an android tablet.

And just as likely cheaper than putting something together with a Pi. :sunglasses:

Paul__B:
And just as likely cheaper than putting something together with a Pi. :sunglasses:

But with a tablet students do not need to do anything. They can just use F…book. Students will learn nothing and get even more addicted to using technology they do not understand.

My reading of the project is that the OP wishes to have a digital notebook system with a group sharing system.

He does not appear to wish to teach the students how to build a digital notebook system. :astonished:

He says he is a music teacher. Not a technology and design teacher. :roll_eyes: