School Project

For my school project, we were tasked with making something mobile that could play media involving an Arduino. Me and my group decided to make something like an iPod that could play audio books. We want the user to be able to interact with the device, so we installed an analog stick. The stick is working great and so is the LCD we installed, but we are unsure of what to do on this part, as we are all completely new to this (I made this account specifically to ask this question, hence my username). We want the LCD to display a list of media it can play. What we had in mind was when the analog stick gave a certain input from the Y axis, it would scroll to a different audio book title to play. There is also an input for a switch when you press down on the analog stick, so we thought we could use that to select things. After you selected something with the switch input, it would either display text or start playing our audio books. It may sound a little complex, but I'm sure we can get it. If you got any questions I'll try to respond. Thanks for helping me and my friends out!

Sorry if this is the wrong forum to ask question like this. I'm pretty new to this!

Show us the code you've written thus far. Please make sure you use code tags as explain in Nick Gammon's "How to Post..." post at the top of this Forum.

Hi,

For my school project, we were tasked with making something mobile that could play media involving an Arduino.
Me and my group decided to make something like an iPod that could play audio books.
We want the user to be able to interact with the device, so we installed an analog stick.
The stick is working great and so is the LCD we installed, but we are unsure of what to do on this part, as we are all completely new to this (I made this account specifically to ask this question, hence my username).
We want the LCD to display a list of media it can play.
What we had in mind was when the analog stick gave a certain input from the Y axis, it would scroll to a different audio book title to play.
There is also an input for a switch when you press down on the analog stick, so we thought we could use that to select things.
After you selected something with the switch input, it would either display text or start playing our audio books.
It may sound a little complex, but I’m sure we can get it.
If you got any questions I’ll try to respond.
Thanks for helping me and my friends out!

Sorry but point form is clearer about what you need.
Thanks for telling us it is a school project and good with the progress you have made so far.

Can you please post a copy of your sketch, using code tags?
They are made with the </> icon in the reply Menu.
See section 7 http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php/topic,148850.0.html

Thanks… Tom… :slight_smile: