scrollDisplayLeft() with Yellow IIC/I2C/TWI 1602 Serial Backlight LCD Display

hello All

I am interested in using scrollDisplayLeft() however all sample code deals with LCD being connected to Arduino Uno using numerous digital pin. Can someone please confirm that scrollDisplayLeft() is supported for LCD connected via I2C
:grin:
Thanks

Can someone please confirm that scrollDisplayLeft() is supported for LCD connected via I2C

That would depend upon the specific I2C library that you are using.

Most of them are based upon the regular LiquidCrystal library so they should perform in a similar manner.

Unfortunately the library usage of the term 'scroll' corresponds to the LCD controller term 'shift' which may not do exactly what you expect. What actually happens is that entire display, all of the lines, are shifted simultaneously.

Don

floresta:

Can someone please confirm that scrollDisplayLeft() is supported for LCD connected via I2C

That would depend upon the specific I2C library that you are using.

Most of them are based upon the regular LiquidCrystal library so they should perform in a similar manner.

Unfortunately the library usage of the term 'scroll' corresponds to the LCD controller term 'shift' which may not do exactly what you expect. What actually happens is that entire display, all of the lines, are shifted simultaneously.

Don

Great. I will give it a test when I get the LCD