SD card appears as sda2

I'm trying to extend the disk space onto an SD card using the YunDiskSpaceExpander sketch here: http://www.arduino.cc/en/Tutorial/ExpandingYunDiskSpace

Everything seemed OK the first time I ran it except when it asked for the partition size I made it too big by mistake & the sketch stopped as it should have.

However, now when I try to run it, is stops with the error message that card can't be found.

I looked further & the sketch is expecting to see the card as sda1. But when I ssh into the YUN, I see that it has it as sda2.

Any ideas?

I wonder what would happen if you modified the diskExpander code to check for /mnt/sda2 ?

And don't blame me if things get worse :slight_smile:

I have a microSD card that it can't see at all.

...R

Solved it - the SD card was formatted as FAT32 on a windows PC. I re-formatted it as NTFS on a Linux machine & then the YUN saw it at sda1. I would asume formatting as NTFS on a windows machine would be the same.

diver999:
Solved it - the SD card was formatted as FAT32 on a windows PC. I re-formatted it as NTFS on a Linux machine & then the YUN saw it at sda1. I would asume formatting as NTFS on a windows machine would be the same.

@diver999,
could you mark this thread [SOLVED] in the subject line.

TIA
Jesse

diver999:

My SD card formatted as FAT32 (using the Linux program gparted) appears as sda1.

...R

Yun supports both FAT32 as well as NTFS as file system.

opkg update
opkg list |grep kmod-fs-ntfs
kmod-fs-ntfs - 3.3.8-1 - Kernel module for NTFS filesystem support
opkg list |grep kmod-fs-vfat
kmod-fs-vfat - 3.3.8-1 - Kernel module for VFAT filesystem support

Make sure you have them installed:

opkg list-installed |grep kmod-fs
kmod-fs-ext4 - 3.3.8-1
kmod-fs-hfs - 3.3.8-1
kmod-fs-hfsplus - 3.3.8-1
kmod-fs-ntfs - 3.3.8-1
kmod-fs-reiserfs - 3.3.8-1
kmod-fs-vfat - 3.3.8-1

Windows doesn't like Fat32 as second partition. work arround Use fdisk set up Fat32 partition as first one.