SD CARD does not save the .txt file

Hello everyone!
I am Mickaël and I am trying to build a DIY 3D Scanner: DIY 3D Scanner (Arduino, 3D Printing, PCB Design, Stepper Motors, IR Sensing) - Super Make Something - YouTube.
I use an Arduino Pro Micro to control the 2 step motors and for saving the data. I am having a hard time about the last one.
The code can be find at: GitHub - SuperMakeSomething/diy-3d-scanner: MATLAB/Arduino code for DIY 3D Scanner Project featured in Super Make Something Episode 8 or in the attachments (scannerCode_Alex).

The 2 step motors work quite well. But the SD card is always empty. It supposed with the help of the Sharp GP2Y0A51SK0F save the distance in a .txt file.
I attach a .pdf (figure 1) to show the serial monitor.
My SD card: figure 2. Note: I already try another SD card and the problem remains.

I tried to do the same steps in the video:
Board: Arduino Ýun
Port: Com 10 (Arduino Ýun)
I am not sure about this one - Programmer: Atmel JTAGICE3 (ISP mode)

I tried another code (attached to .pdf) : Create a .txt file in the SD Card. But it does not work either. The serial monitor is in the figure 3.
I really appreciated any tips/help. I already spend a lot of hours to resolve the problem. I attach several images in the .pdf. Maybe, it will help.

Anyway, I wish you a very good day and thanks for your time,

Mickaël Dias

Arduino - Mickael.pdf (1000 KB)

scannerCode_Alex.ino (7.37 KB)

But the SD card is always empty.

That is to be expected when the SD card initialization failed.

Disconnect EVERYTHING but the SD reader/writer from the Arduino. Does the problem still exist?

You should invest in a tripod to hold your camera. Those out of focus pictures are next to useless.

Thank you for your reply. I really apreciated that. I can´t disconnect anything on the arduino because of the PCB board. Is any chance than the Micro SD TF card shield could be damaged (I never tried before). Again, thanks a lot for your reply.

PS: I will buy a professional camara soon. Thanks for the tip.

Mickaël Dias

Has the card been formatted in the proper manner? There is a sticky to that effect at the head of this forum. If the useless picture referred to is Arduino - Mickael.pdf you don't need a camera, or a tripod. You just need to learn to use the PrtScn key

The card is been formated in a good way. The Micro SD TF card shield and the SD Card itself is working. Thanks for your suggestion. About the PrtScn key, the picture would be better with the snipping tool, I admitte that. But the pictures referred is in the next pages. Anyway, thanks again for your sugestion.

PS: I can provide better pictures or print screens if someone need it.

MickaelDias: The card is been formated in a good way. The Micro SD TF card shield and the SD Card itself is working.

"Good" does not necessarily mean "correct". Further, I believe a shield can work and a card identify as present but still not record if it is not formatted in the kosher manner.

"Good" does not necessarily mean "correct". Further, I believe a shield can work and a card identify as present but still not record if it is not formatted in the kosher manner.

Geez, now we have to worry about kosher, too?