SD card problem

Hello

I am trying to make a kind of datalogger but at first instance I just want to try to write some info (the status of a variable) to an SD card. So I bought a 'Deek Robot Data Logging Shield V1.0' for my arduino uno. On this extension a lot of holes are foreseen to solder, I suppose to add directly the sensors but since I'm not using any sensors I just tried to attach the board to my arduino uno by plugging it in from the top. I didn't do any additional wiring and uploaded the SD card datalogger example but it always gives the error 'Card failed or not present' The card(microSD+adapter) is present though and it works on my computer. I also checked the file system (FAT32)

Could anyone give me some backup because I don't know exactly what could go wrong or what I could be missing (newbie)

Any help is appreciated!

Ok, I have found some help on the internet and it works now :)

But now I have another question, I'm trying to put a float into the string to save it on the SD card but it always gives an error. Does there exist a solution for this?

Could you define: "some help on the internet"

I have this same problem with the GTFT screen and microSD card reader, and I just can't shake it. I've been googling for days.

In fact I followed Jeremy Blum’s video on Youtube about Datalogging in which he explains how to use an SD card. After that it worked immedeately :slight_smile:

simon_r: I'm trying to put a float into the string to save it on the SD card but it always gives an error. Does there exist a solution for this?

The best solution is to save the floats to the SD card, and forget about strings.