SD Card reads .txt but ....

Hey so I have an SD card and module (SD Card FAT32) and I have a file that is Raw text from a .txt format
text is literally just;
CS - 2.8 - 4/8

but when it prints the code onto the lcd I just get a string of numbers (67323246323247)
and on serial its a different string of numbers https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/549440922388135938/607447258904133633/unknown.png

Code;

if(!key2S) {

Serial.println("Key 2 has been pressed");
        lcd.clear();

delay(100);

lcd.print("Due Dates");

myFile = SD.open("DUEDATES.txt");

if (myFile) {
          Serial.println("DUEDATES.txt;");

lcd.setCursor(0,1);

// read from the file until there's nothing else in it:
          while (myFile.available()) {

lcd.print(myFile.read());
          Serial.print(myFile.read());
          }

myFile.close();

}

Any ideas to fix?

use Serial.write(myFile.read());

Right so now we have some alphabetic letters appearing but not quite the right ones

DUEDATES.txt;
S-28-48

Could it be with the Baud I'm using
I set it to 57600 because that's what the RTC uses on my board

What SD module are you using?

https://www.jaycar.co.nz/arduino-compatible-sd-card-interface-module/p/XC4386

XC4386 SD Card Module

Issue Fixed

myFile = SD.open("DUEDATES.txt");

if (myFile) {
          Serial.println("DUEDATES.txt;");

lcd.setCursor(0,1);

// read from the file until there's nothing else in it:
          while (myFile.available()) {

byte nextByte = myFile.read();

lcd.print((char) nextByte);
            Serial.write((char) nextByte);

}

myFile.close();

}

MatthewKarton:
Issue Fixed
[

Maybe. But you might want to look at this:

Hi all. I hope I'm doing this the right way .. it's my very first Post here.

I have a similar problem, only with a proven correct module, with a 5V regulator included. So that can't be the problem, although my problem is very different. Allow me to explain.

I get the data from a 'struct' string sent via an nRF24L01+ bluetooth module. I'm sure you all know about these wonderful little modules, and I ge the data very well. I've made the sketch to its simplest not to get confusing. I get a 'short' (the year) although there are much more data involved in the original sketch.

I try to save it the following way ... (My struct is called 'Station' and contains, for this purpose, one (1) variable of type 'short'. But the original 'struct' contains a mix of 'short' and 'float' variables). So here goes ...

void Save_Data () // Write variables on SD Card
{
Log_File = SD.open ("TEST_LOG.TXT", FILE_WRITE);

if (Log_File)
{
Log_File.print (Station.Year);

Log_File.close ();
}
}

... and I can read it back just fine with a text editor. The problem is when I try to read it back and store the read values back into variables (of same types; shorts and floats). In this instance, I get the ASCII values of '2', then '0' then '1' and finally '9' ('50484957'). I tried writing the data so many ways before I came here, taking tips from many Boards and Forums, but nothing seems to solve my problem. I tried converting to Strings, but I have 'floats' that won't convert and all sorts of problem .. it's very frustrating.

Oh! I was forgetting to include the code I wrote to read the data. Here it is ..

void Read_Data () // Read Data from File
{
Log_File = SD.open ("TEST_LOG.TXT", FILE_READ);

if (Log_File)
{
Year = Serial.write (Log_File.read ()); // Year is of type 'short'
Serial.println (Year);
Log_File.close ();
}
}

I'm sure there is a simple way of doing this but, being very green on Arduino, I fail to grasp some concept and this leads me nowhere. Is it the way I write the data or the way I read it .. or both, for that matter! Hahaha!

Is there someone here that could lead me into doing it the right way so I can go on in my Wireless Weather Station project (Yes, another one! Hahaha!). Thank you in advance for any help.

Best regards and have a great evening.