SD card + TFT 3,2"

Hello,
I'm using this:

"classic" set.
Hardware seems to be OK. I've "exercised" some typical tests with UTFT library (characters, lines etc). Drawing of bitmaps (drawBitmap) goes OK as well. Now I've tried to read a bitmap from SD card and display it (with tinyFAT), but this went awry.
It means: I've written a simplest test program for it, compiled and uploaded (this went OK), but then
the program comes to statement myFiles.loadBitmap(0,0,64,64,"sd.raw"); (sd.raw is my test file 64x64 pixels)
and get stuck at this point. There are several things here:

1. Are there some restrictions for SD cards (capacity, speed, file system etc.)?

2. On the Henning Karlsen site (Electronics - Henning Karlsen)
    in the manual of tiny FAT I've found some reqiurements for connections. Should they be direct ,
    or via IC's on the board. With other words: can (should) I check these with the multimeter?

3. Could somebody advice me SIMPLEST and CHECKED FOR THIS SET (demo) program, that
    reads the file from SD card and diplays it? Although my program compiles and uploades correctly,
    it can still contain some errors, I suppose.

Many thank in advance for all advices and hints,

Greetings,

Marek.

I am having similar problems reading the SD card.
I have found links to a cross-over of MSIO and MOSI for the Sainsmart 3.2 TFT card.

Not sure if this is the problem with the card I Have from China. But about to snip and solder to find out!

I have the same problem using the Arduino Mega, sainsmart TFT version 1.0 w/SD and sainsmart shield. Unfortunately I found two solutions: a) remove to resistors and jumper the pads b) remove four resistors and jumper the pads. Does anyone know which method to use. I find it strange that Sainsmart is still producing these boards with errors.

Thanks in advance,
JMR :frowning:

jmreynolds:
I find it strange that Sainsmart is still producing these boards with errors.

Thanks in advance,
JMR :frowning:

So do I!! My V1.0 Sainsmart board ordered 23/10/12 worked straight out the box with none of the problems everyone else seems to have had with this board!!

Regards,

Graham