SD Card to be utilised for variable Data in a Sketch

I'm an Hardware Tech and am just getting involved with Arduino.

I have the Arduino bug :grin:

I have an idea for a Project but have been unable to find a specific bit of code.

What I am trying to do is utilizing an Uploaded Sketch to an Arduino is use an SD Card to access Variables that are found on the SD Card.

For example

Every Day/Week/Month/Year (whichever is relevant) at Midnight (for argument sake), the Sketch looks at the SD Card and loads the relevant file for the next Day/Week/Month/Year. During the day when the SD Card is not being read, it can, if required, be removed and the Data altered, then reinserted.

Has anybody accomplish this? If so, I would greatly appreciate any assistance in Code that would do this or steering me in the right direction.

PS I am new to C/C++, so my proficiency is much to be desired at this stage.

Sounds easy. Have you looked at any of the SD card examples in the IDE ?

What I am trying to do is utilizing an Uploaded Sketch to an Arduino is use an SD Card to access Variables that are found on the SD Card.

Variables are not found on the SD card. Data is found on the SD card. Once you have read the data, you can convert the data to values that you store in variables.

There are examples that come with the SD class that should be sufficient. If not, post what you have tried, and the results.