SD card wear leveling question

I am writing to a file once per minute using

File myFile = SD.open("data.txt", FILE_WRITE); myFile.print(someanalogdata); myFile.close();

then uploading the info and deleting every 10 minutes

File myFile = SD.open("data.txt"); SD.remove(myFileName); //clear file myFile.close();

My question is, do I need to worry about wear leveling when I use the same file over and over? Should I use different file names and not delete files until I have to? Or does the SD card do its magic for me in the background and I need to relax and just keep creating and deleting the same file "data.txt" every 10 minutes.

Thanks!

That mostly depend on SD card firmware and you can do almost nothing about. If you can find manufacturer details of your card, perhaps you can find more details about used technique and predicted life of the card. I remember I bought first 1GB USB flash drives which was very expensive at the time, failed in 3 months of daily backup. Recent (relatively, 10 years ago) improved lifetime 5 to 10 or more years.

Notice that FAT table remain still, then if card firmware do not logically relocate it, it will fail fairly quickly, depending on E/W cycles predicted lifetime per cell.

As well, notice if you save multiple files in root, you can save maximum 512 files.

Should I use different file names and not delete files until I have to? Or does the SD card do its magic for me in the background and I need to relax and just keep creating and deleting the same file "data.txt" every 10 minutes.

Instead of creating such a clutter of a code, why don't you try implementing a simple TRUNC mode in your program ? Use this to update the data in the file.

File myFile=SD.open("data.txt",O_TRUNC | O_WRITE);
if(myFile)
{
myFile.println(value);
}

Piece of cake !