search for connector type

Hi does anyone know what type of connector this is (see attachment) and where to get it? I need it as an interface to a digital dial indicator. I found very expensive cables with electronics to translate the data, but I’m only intersted in the connector as the data trnaslation will be done by the Arduino itself.

thanks in advance

dial plug.png

It dos look similar to a USB A plug without the housing. Do you insert it into what looks like a normal usb socket ?

hi,

Thanks for your reply. it is not a USB as the dimentions are smaller.
Please find attached another two pictures.
One is the actual opening on the dial indicator, and the second is after opening the indicator. it looks the distance between the tracks is a standard size (lline the distance between the pins of the Arduino). I tried to solder a small 4-wire on teh pcb it self, but due to movement of the cable, the tracks easily broke off.

regards,
Martienn

Right click on one of the links to your images below your last post. Click "Copy link address" (or equivalent). Below your post click "Quick Edit". At the bottom of that, add

[img] (paste the link to your image here) [/img]

Then folks won't have to download your pics.

thx. learned something new today!
images displayed in the messages

Shitani:
, but due to movement of the cable, the tracks easily broke off.

It seems to me that this is your only remaining problem. A blob of hot-glue can fix that.

It seems to me that this is your only remaining problem. A blob of hot-glue can fix that.

I would also recommend you use some very flexible wire. Perhaps some thing like this:
Silicone wire
I bought a number of colors and sizes. The #28 is extremely flexible. Note these wires have what looks like 50 strands and so even the copper is super flexible.