Search for Digital Motor

Hello, everyone,

i am looking for a very small motor which i can control digitally like a servo motor. So 1x GND, 1x 5V or 3V and 1x control (3 cable to wire)

I would like to be able to adjust the motor exactly to the degree from 0° to 359° e.g.
servo.write(358);
or
servo.write(40);

The motor should be very quiet and cheap ~2-3$. The motor only needs to move one needle to the display, so no special power is needed. It must be possible to connect several motors to one Arduino, using only one digital port at a time.

i have been looking for a long time and am therefore very grateful for every suggestion.

best regards
pepe

Use a cheap servo.

all servo´s who i found has a limit of 90° or 180° or they are 360° continuous. that´s why i´am ask here for a solution becouse i bought 6 different servo´s in the web and none is working :confused:

So either you stack 2 servos on top of eachother or you use a gear …

A sail-winch servo can move about 3 revolutions with position control.

Or you could add a 1:2 incrementing gear ratio to a regular servo - but then you would reduce the torque by half.

...R

This looks like a promising idea for your application.

or this one

There are also some on Ebay and Aliexpress but you have to search them out with the correct parameters.

Hi ballscrewbob,

the Parallax Feedback 360 seems to be the right servo, but it is to expensive and to big. Did you know any smaller one?

Now you know they DO exist t should be easier for you to weed out what you actually need.

I dont mind pointing people in the right direction but doing thier internet searches without EXACT details and specs etc etc is not something I do for a living.

"360 servo feedback" was what I used.
"360 servo encoder" Would be another likely candidate.

You will pay more for these types of servo regardless of where you get them.

"The motor only needs to move one needle to the display,"

You might be able to "up gear" the rotation using some simple components since the needle should be little load. I used string around a thread spool below to rotate a shaft in a blind several turns. Fiddly type of work, but it should give you an option operating in your price range.

servoblind3.jpg

servoblind3.jpg

Thank you all to the reply´s. I will try now to solve my project with a stepper motor.

pepelotte:
Hi ballscrewbob,

the Parallax Feedback 360 seems to be the right servo, but it is to expensive and to big. Did you know any smaller one?

Cheap RC servos are all alike (around 120 degree) and low precision. You are asking for degree-accurate
360 position control - you pay more for that - try "robotics servo" as a search term.

Or make your own based on feedback and a suitable encoder.

X27-168 steppers ( used in car speed is etc ) do 315deg and are very cheap , but best run with the correct driver chip .
You can remove an internal stop to get more movement .