Searching for a master's thesis

Hello,

I'm learning for 6 month now with the arduino and I'm in las year of my informatic's graduate. So I'm searching for a master's thesis. I could develop a software or a library for the arduino but I don't know for what exactly.

At the moment, I'm building a CNC based on the reprap arduino software but I can't see what I could improve for the reprap project since they made an amazing work.

So if you have any developement's ideas for the arduino I would be really thankful

;)

Writing a lib as a master thesis work seems… well, plain easy and to simple?

hum, yes you're right Writieng a lib is too light but I could write, for example, a java interface for an arduino project...

So I'm searching for a master's thesis. I could develop a software or a library for the arduino but I don't know for what exactly.

The approach seems a bit techie and limiting. Why not start with a "passion" of yours and then look for some gadget (or part thereof) you could make.

http://www.arduino.cc/playground/Projects/Ideas#Advanced

Maybe something there?

may we vote? :)

How about makeing a lib for fixed point math that is easy to use.

Including construct of variabels with fixed digits or bitsize. Including basis math (+,-,*,/,%,trig,....) that you have proven works Including tutorials how to use it

-Fletcher

Thanks for your help

I don't really understand what do you mean by making a fixed point math library :-/

But maybe I could make an advanced web interface for home automation with the arduino (I mean I could control and watch in real time the equipments and watch the datas stored in a database)

I know this is not new at all but maybe I could add some functionalities...

Or maybe I could make a firewall with the arduino and 2 ethernet shields ?

Is this possible, appropiated ?

Thanks for your help

@vever001 Does your school have some guidelines about what a master thesis should minimaly include, and what is expected from you? Did you read it? If so what are the five most important goals to achieve?