Searching for connectors(Please help!)

Hello everyone, I hope you have a nice day. I am interested to buy some connectors. I have tried JST PH and molex but they are not so friendly and easy to plug and unplug to someone who has not dealt with them and they are easilly to brake or abstract from the the product. So I am searching for some connectors that are really easy to plug and unplug often with no problem. I am also interesting in the size which I would prefer to be small but if you have to sugest anything please is welcomed! In this particular I want them to use to connect some ws2812 ic's in an array which every one array of leds will be at a distance one from another, so I need a connector with 3 pins. Also if you have to suggest any other connector which is really good in your opinion I want to hear it! Thanks a lot for your time, hope I was clear in what I am searching.

Then you need connectors that make a sliding connection. Such as RJ45 and others used for telephone and LAN connections. Just pick 3 pins for your project and leave the extras unused.

Paul

Paul_KD7HB:
Then you need connectors that make a sliding connection. Such as RJ45 and others used for telephone and LAN connections. Just pick 3 pins for your project and leave the extras unused.

Paul

First of all thanks for your interest! They seem really good connectors and I will absolutelly use them in my future products! Thanks for letting me know it's name but in this case I am searching for smaller connectors because such a connector like RJ45 will create shadow from ws2812 ics cause of it's big dimension.

I doubt you will find any smaller connector made that will hold up to multiple make/break operations. You may have to custom build them.

Paul

Molex make thousands of connectors. I can't believe you tried them all.

I used Molex MINI FIT JR connectors in a recent large LED project. The only thing I don't like is there is no 2-pin plug in the family, so it is a little bulky. I put my connections on the back of the LED panels.

MorganS:
Molex make thousands of connectors. I can't believe you tried them all.

I used Molex MINI FIT JR connectors in a recent large LED project. The only thing I don't like is there is no 2-pin plug in the family, so it is a little bulky. I put my connections on the back of the LED panels.

No, ofcourse I havn't tried thell all just one model which I dont remember it's name. Could you please suggest me any good model type or a link where I can see them all with their datasheets?

I have searched a lot for connectors but I have never heared any name so I am not using good keywords to have good results on google.

What about RJ-9, RJ-14 or servo extension cable
connectors (3 pin)?

herbschwarz:
What about RJ-9, RJ-14 or servo extension cable
connectors (3 pin)?

Nice one, they seem prety good, I will try them too, thanks a lot! If anyone has any other type of connectors I would love to know.

Presumably you'd like keyed so they can't be mis-connected. What max current?

JST-SM-3? That's what's used on the common WS2812 strips.

Also, don't forget the 0.1uF decoupling cap on the WS2812 right next to each chip; without it, the change in current when you turn LEDs on causes a glitch on the power rail sufficient to reset the WS2812 (this sort of thing is common - basically all digital IC's require a decoupling cap between power and ground right next to the IC, usually 0.1uF unless specified otherwise in the datasheet)

I just bought a bunch of these connectors to use in an LED string display.

The connector is rated at 3-Amps, keyed, and locking.

And cheap.