Second extruder will not operate any ideas please

Hi

I'm in the process of upgrading my Robo 3D printer to dual extruders. I've changed the firmware but when I try to upload I'm getting this error: pasting "DIO" and "-" does not give a valid pre-processing token. Can anyone help

The error message typically says in which file, on which line, and at what character position the error was detected. Without knowing those it will be hard to help.

Thanks for you reply. The DIO error stopped when I disconnected the LCD controller. But I cannot sort the firmware. I bought the Chimera dual extruder from E3D, on their online Wiki it tells you the changes to the firmware in configuration.h are; define board type 33 to 34, define extruders 1 to 2, define temp sensor 0 1 to 1 0, define default KP 22.2 tp25.21, define default KI 1.08 to 2.47, define default KD 114 to 64.43. Pins.h define pin 15 to 13. These are for the Robo 3D with self levelling bed mine is the Beta without. But when I make these changes it will not verify anyway. I cannot get the changes required for the Beta as E3D are not getting back to me with them. I hope you can help with this.

johnc49:
But when I make these changes it will not verify anyway. I cannot get the changes required for the Beta as E3D are not getting back to me with them. I hope you can help with this.

The error message typically says in which file, on which line, and at what character position the error was detected. Without knowing those it will be hard to help. It would also help to know what error you get and what the code around the error looks like.

Hi, The changes that I mentioned above have verified but now getting HEATER_0_MAXTEMP was not declared in this scope.

START_MENU(); MENU_ITEM(back, MSG_TEMPERATURE, lcd_control_temperature_menu); MENU_ITEM_EDIT(int3, MSG_FAN_SPEED, &absPreheatFanSpeed, 0, 255); MENU_ITEM_EDIT(int3, MSG_NOZZLE, &absPreheatHotendTemp, 0, HEATER_0_MAXTEMP - 240); ***

if TEMP_SENSOR_BED != 0

MENU_ITEM_EDIT(int3, MSG_BED, &absPreheatHPBTemp, 0, BED_MAXTEMP - 15);

endif

ifdef EEPROM_SETTINGS

*** this - 240 was - 15

Probably caused by whatever you did when you "define temp sensor 0 1 to 1 0". If you define TEMP_SENSOR_0 to be 0 that means "There is no TEMP_SENSOR_0". When you do that the MAX and MIN limits for that sensor are undefined because it doesn't make sense to have MAX and MIN temperatures for a non-existant sensor.

The LCD code assumes you have at least one extruder so it uses HEATER_0_MAXTEMP without checking.

Thank you for the info you gave, I am now up and running but there is one more thing I need to know. The cooler fan (auto cooling) for job being printed (PLA) was wired to D9 now the second hot end is in that output, so where is the fan now connected.

Hi

I have got the dual extruder's set up but can not get the second extruder to work. The firmware is set up as explained on E3D's online Wiki. Any ideas how to get the second extruder to respond would be appreciated.