Second power supply 5V

Hllo all, My Arduino UNO is powered from the USB connexion and it works fine. However I need sometime to reset the USB connexion and during the reset time the USB is not powered and this creates a problem .For sure I can power the Arduino through the the jack ussing an extra 9 to 12 V power supply. However I donot want to use a second power supply. Can I use the 5V provided from the USB host device to power the Arduino ? If possible where do I connect the 5V to the Arduino (can I simply connect it to the 5V power pin of the Arduino ?). Tks for you help

If the 5V power supply is interrupted, how are you supposed to use it for power during that time?

Amandine: Can I use the 5V provided from the USB host device to power the Arduino ?

How would that be different than this?

My Arduino UNO is powered from the USB connexion and it works fine.

I need to clarify a little bit my set up. The Arduino Uno is connected to a TP link MR 3020 through an USB connexion. The MR 3020 is powered by an external AC/DC 5V converter and gives the 5V to the Arduino through the USB connexion. Every ten minutes I need to reset the USB connexion only on the MR 3020 not the entire MR 3020. When I reset the USB connexion the 5V goes down (probably normal for a reset) and during this period of time my Arduino is loosing its power supply. On the MR 3020 I can pick-up the 5V which is permanent as the MR 3020 is not reset and I intend to use this 5V to power the Arduino either permanently or during the reset. In fact my question is : is it possible to power the Arduino with 5V from a different place than the USB i.e. can I connect a 5V power supply to the 5V pin of the Arduino ? Tks for yr help.