Seeed 2.8" TFT Touch Shield V2.0 Backlight Control?

I just bought a Seeed 2.8'' TFT Touch Shield V2.0 and have been using it with Arduino MEGA. The product description says that the backlight is controllable, but I cannot figure out how to turn the backlight off. How do you do this?

crholl:
I just bought a Seeed 2.8'' TFT Touch Shield V2.0 and have been using it with Arduino MEGA. The product description says that the backlight is controllable, but I cannot figure out how to turn the backlight off. How do you do this?

I'm sure you've seen the code in the examples: TFT_BL_ON; and TFT_BL_OFF; and if so and the backlight isn't controllable, take a look underneath the LCD next to the reset button. On my unit, there is a component missing. The silkscreen reads: BACKLIGHT, as well as ON and D7.

Perhaps your unit is the same. You might try asking one of Seeed's forum guys; I haven't bothered.

Please report back whether successful or not.

Regards,
-__-

The product is shipped with the backlight permanently on.

You need to connect it to D7 by breaking the link to ON on the back of the board and soldering it to the D7 pad instead.

Hope this makes sense.

NeilLX is correct i have the same shield and i am succesfully controlling the backlight thru digital pin D7.
it is a pain to modify because you have to sever a connection on the shield with a razor blade or x-acto knife and then i had to grab more solder as they dont provide enough with the shield.

after the modification is complete simply use digitalWrite(7, HIGH) to turn on the backlight and digitalWrite(7, LOW) to turn it off

there are no components missing and Seeed Studio's wikia explains all of this

Happy Arduino'ing