Seeeduino 4 Relay Shield + Arduino = Halloween Prop Controller?

Before I begin my story and the situation I am in, I want to start by saying I am completely new to Arduino and coding, I've made mobile apps before in LUA so I have some concept of programming, but nothing like this.

My brother and I are big in to Halloween and we love making props for the yard. We have always run the props off of a bunch of push switches that we would have to control. This year I thought we could try to automate things a little bit. So I did some research and found that an Arduino + a MonsterShield would work awesome...the only problem is Hauntsoft is on hiatus for 2014. So I did some more research and found the Seeeduino Relay Shield, figuring it would be perfect, because all the things I am using are 12v, I just need solenoids to turn on and off at different times. In the very near future I am planning on adding PIR sensors so the relays will trigger when someone walks by. But, for now I am just trying to create a sequence of on and off so I can have a big box jump up and down on the floor like something is trying to get out, then stop for a moment and have the lid spring open to reveal a werewolf monster thing. The lid can not open when the box is jumping or it will break apart. I also looked up how to create a push switch recorder like an actual prop controller, but that is for another day.

here is my code so far:

int RELAY1 = 7;
int RELAY2 = 6;

void setup()
{    
// Initialise the Arduino data pins for OUTPUT
  pinMode(RELAY1,OUTPUT);
  pinMode(RELAY2,OUTPUT);
}

void loop()
{
   digitalWrite(RELAY1,LOW);           // Turns ON Relays 1
   delay(300);                                      // Wait 2 seconds
   digitalWrite(RELAY1,HIGH);          // Turns Relay Off
   delay(300);

delay(300);

delay(100);                                      // Wait 2 seconds
   delay(100);

delay(100);                                      // Wait 2 seconds
   delay(100);

delay(200);                                      // Wait 2 seconds
   delay(100);

delay(700);

delay(700);                                      // Wait 2 seconds
   delay(100);

delay(200);

delay(100);

delay(300);

delay(300);

delay(3000);                                      // Wait 2 seconds
   digitalWrite(RELAY1,HIGH);   // Turns Relay Off
   delay(100);
}

I wanted the box to jump kind of erratic, so the jumps do not look all the same. (There is probably an easier way to code this, I just don't know how to yet) This works exactly the way I want the box to jump.

Now as soon as I add this code to the end, it does not fire after RELAY 1 is finished, and when it does fire RELAY2 does not turn off

digitalWrite(RELAY2,LOW);           // Turns ON Relays 2
   digitalWrite(RELAY2,HIGH);

I am trying to have RELAY2 turn on after RELAY1, but RELAY1 can not turn on until RELAY2 has finished. It seems so simple but since I am so new to this, I can't wrap my head around it. If someone would be kind enough to point me in the right direction that would be awesome! From what I've been reading the delay function is not the way to go. Thanks in advance for any advice!

First, comments that state the obvious MUST be kept accurate. You've done a miserable job of this.

Second, we don't do guessing games here. If you added some code, you must show us where you added it.

delay(300);

This could be a function, with 3 arguments - the pin number, the on time, and the off time. Then, loop() would simply call the function, resulting in loop() being only 20% of it's current length.

You could add a Serial.print() statement in the function, indicating which pin is to be toggled. Then, you'd know that the correct pin was being referenced, when you call the function to toggle the other relay pin.

As for the snippet that you didn't actually show in the code, notice that there are only 3 statements in that snippet, as opposed to the 4 lines in the snippet I extracted above.

As I said before I am brand new to this and was just trying to get the code to work when I first wrote it. A simple "comments that state the obvious must be kept accurate" would have sufficed. I'm not saying you are wrong, my comments are messed up and I looked over that before posting. Second, I never intended for any of my post to be a "guessing game" being that my previous post was my first one ever to the forum, I didn't realize it would be so confusing. As for the advise you did give me, thank you and I will try it out