Seeeduino V4.2 Windows USB Driver?

I just received my Seeeduino V4.2 - but I can't download, because Windows 10 does not find a driver for Atmega16u2 DFU.

How or where can I get that driver?

Seeeduino site

Thank you, I downloaded the driver file Signed_USB_Serial_Driver-master.zip, unzipped it, and tried to update Atmega16u2 DFU by browsing for the driver (selected the directory), but Windows 10 64bit failed to install it.

What is wrong?

That's what I did, but the device is named "Atmega16u2 DFU".
I will try to look at event manager. And I saw an issue on the GitHub site.
I definitely do NOT intend to boot my work notebook in special unprotected mode!
I either throw the Seeeduino into a corner, or use a virtual machine sometimes to check.

You probably hit the nail on the head when you said "work notebook".
Many company devices are often locked down in one form or another.

Drivers and other un-authorised pieces of software are a prime entry point for hackers into work systems.

Another "personal" computer might be a better bet or get your IT dept to do the install for you.

ballscrewbob:
You probably hit the nail on the head when you said "work notebook".
Many company devices are often locked down in one form or another.

Drivers and other un-authorised pieces of software are a prime entry point for hackers into work systems.

Another "personal" computer might be a better bet or get your IT dept to do the install for you.

Another misunderstanding because of my limited English writing.

"work notebook" should have been called "workhorse notebook"; I am my own IT dept.

It doesn't really help if I would succeed with installing on some other "personal" computer; I can't use this solution if I can't use it on my workhorse, and I don't want to endanger any of my computers.

I expect there are users of the Seeeduino 4.2. So there must be a clean solution around.

Please help me to really get on with this.

If you are not prepared to install the driver properly and have a very high security level set on your computer then you may as well gibe the board to somebody else.

Win 10 and 8 have a much higher level of driver security and it can cause untold amounts of problems in and of itself. If you really want to play with the board at least drop driver enforcement.

The ploy was to get ALL hardware people to pay for driver signing which can cost a lot of money.

Ok, Google knows. Searched for "atmega16u2 driver", found driverscape, installs ok.

http://www.driverscape.com/download/atmega16u2

Still does not work. Atmega16u2 is there, but no COM port.

ATmega16U2.jpg

Google isnt always perfect.
I could if I wished get a lot of hardware to show perfectly on my computer even if the driver was wrong.
But getting things to work with the wrong driver is a different matter.

So back to basics.

What type of USB port are you using ?
Have you tried another USB lead ?
Have you tried anything with Antivirus and such TURNED OFF ?
Do you have any other software that may intercept the com ports (phone sync software, terminal software. etc.) ?

Originally Windows detected the Seeeduino USB device and installed a driver for it, but incomplete.

So here is the same on a different notebook:

ATmega16u2_DFU.jpg

The problem is, the update with the driver from Seeed-Studio fails with unknown reason.
No clue, if it (still) has a driver signing problem, or if some identification issue.

Maybe the ATmega16u2 is loaded with a wrong code? as it does not identify as Seeeduino.

If I correctly understand the following article

Reset the ATmega8U2 / ATmega16U2 of your dead Arduino Mega / UNO

the ATmega16U2 does not contain the code for Arduino, but some other DFU code instead.

So I will try to load with Flip.