seend data via Serial Port to arduino as String

Hello I´m working on a project based on a VB2010 aplicatinon and a modem Siemens TC35 conected to arduino via Serial extra serial ports on arduino.I have 2 variables on ardunio with a serial.available listening, 1 for a phone number and another for string message for the arduino seend via sms but all the data is converted to ASCII TABLE , for exemple in VB I seend a "ARDUINO" text message and on arduino I get 65 82 68 85 73 78 79 which correspond to those letter in ascii table.My question is how can I rebuild the word again ?

on arduino I get 65 82 68 85 73 78 79 which correspond to those letter in ascii table.My question is how can I rebuild the word again ?

All together now - let's see some code. That you see 65, etc. means that you are printing the value you get as a number, rather than a character. We'd need to see the code to know how/where/why you are doing this, and suggest how to fix it.

thanks for your fast answer
Here is some code that I´m using just for test but the result is the same

int incomingByte[9];   // for incoming serial data
int i;
void setup() {
   Serial.begin(9600);   // opens serial port, sets data rate to 9600 bps
}

void loop() {

// send data only when you receive data:
   if (Serial.available()) {
      for (i = 0 ; i< 9; i++)  {      // read the incoming byte:
      incomingByte = Serial.read();
   }

Serial.println(incomingByte[0]);
                Serial.println(incomingByte[1]);
                Serial.println(incomingByte[2]);
                Serial.println(incomingByte[3]);
                Serial.println(incomingByte[4]);
                Serial.println(incomingByte[5]);
                Serial.println(incomingByte[6]);
                Serial.println(incomingByte[7]);
               Serial.println(incomingByte[8]);
   }
}

In this example the value that I entered via terminal is converted to the correspond ascii code
But I need to rebuild it to store in a string and then seend it to a gsm modem connected to the arduino

45 posts, and you still can’t use the # button to post code properly? Please revise your previous post. Select all the code, and delete it. The, press the # button, and paste your code again.

if (Serial.available()) {
      for (i = 0 ; i< 9; i++)  {      // read the incoming byte:
      incomingByte = Serial.read();
   }

If there is at least one byte, read all 10 of them. Wrong. You must either wait for 10 bytes (Serial.available() > 9), or test prior to each read.

Ok sorry .I had just fix it I will try your tip Thanks