Seiko L1642B1L 2x16 character LCD module and srf08

i have seen quite a bit of programming for some other LCD and schmetics so i was wondering how would i connect the 3 components together? do i need like a SIPO?

What do you mean by 3 components? You only mention the LCD and range finder.

From the looks of it the LCD has an HD44780 controller. So you'll want to use the LiquidCrystal Library with it. Which means you'll connect it like this. http://arduino.cc/en/Tutorial/LiquidCrystal

The range finder will connect like this. http://www.arduino.cc/playground/Main/SonarSrf08

thanks

i have downloaded the zip and it seems that there is an error that keeps coming up it is the Sonar_srf08.h is no such a directory. i found the directory placed it in the same folder as the .pde source code and still the error keeps coming up

If your using 0018 then the library needs to go into the library folder inside the Arduino 0018 folder.

thanks alright i got it working now

this is more of coding than a interfacing

Wire.requestFrom(srfAddress, 2); // Request 2 bytes from SRF module
while(Wire.available() < 2); // Wait for data to arrive
highByte = Wire.receive(); // Get high byte
lowByte = Wire.receive(); // Get low byte

range = (highByte << 8) + lowByte; // Put them together

i’m a bit confused on why you need to get 2 bytes and the high and low and then put them together?

and also the srf08 should be able to range up to 3 meters which is about 9 feet but the info coming back to me on the serial monitor is average of 47 inches (set it up on inches) which is about 4 feet but i was pointing it outside of my window

When posting code you should highlight it then click on the # button in the message window to give it the proper tags.

also how would i wire 2 srf08's together? would i just add it to different pins on the analog side of the arduino?

Wire.requestFrom(srfAddress, 2);                // Request 2 bytes from SRF module
  while(Wire.available() < 2);                    // Wait for data to arrive
  highByte = Wire.receive();                      // Get high byte
  lowByte = Wire.receive();                       // Get low byte

range = (highByte << 8) + lowByte;              // Put them together

Seiko's lcd must be quite expensive. ;) ;)

I too have downloaded the zip and it seems that there is an error that keeps coming up it is the Sonar_srf08.h is no such a directory. i found the directory placed it in the same folder as the .pde source code and still the error keeps coming up, I also placed the library in the arduino library folder. I have the arduino 0021.