Select WiFi channel with Arduino Uno WiFi Rev 2

Hi there.

I noticed the ESP8266 library allows selection of the wifi channel you are connecting to.

I am having the problem where my wifi rev 2 selects channel 1 by default, which has a terrible signal. Other channels have much stronger signal, but there is no way i can see with WiFiNINA to change channels.

Is this possible to implement? There is already the WiFi.channel() function but no way to use the information it returns

thanks

There are a few options.

One is to use an example program that prints out the strength of the channels first. Although that means using one sketch before you use another with the best channel.

The other is to use a program on your computer which does the same thing and there are a few open source programs for that.

I dont know of a sketch that selects based on the strongest channel; (although there may be one somewhere)

I have used an example sketch to print out the channels. So my arduino can indeed see that channel 11 has much much better signal. I dont see a way to select this channel to connect to though.

It may take you a little effort but there are a selection of topics here

Been a whikle since I played with any of my ESP's but I know it can be done.

ballscrewbob: It may take you a little effort but there are a selection of topics here

Been a whikle since I played with any of my ESP's but I know it can be done.

These solutions are for the ESP, not the uno wifi =(