Selecting a board for fan control project

Hi,
I am new to Arduino but not new to the electronics :slight_smile:
I want to build a very simple 4-pin fan controller which uses LM temperature sensor. Showing the temperature on an LCD is optional since I want to put the board inside a case... Anyway...

I had built fan controller with potentiometers and transistors and OpAmps using old fashion circuits. However, I see that with Arduino it is much simpler to control a fan :slight_smile:

Now, I see many board with different prices. The question is simple:
Which board fits my need? i just want to connect LM sensor as its input and generate a control for a 4-pin DC fan.

For your project you can use any board. What special features would you like most?

For first steps I'd suggest a board with an USB connector, for uploading code and debug I/O. Without USB you need an additional programmer, at extra cost.

No I don't need special thing. Yes, a USB connection is good also. So what is the choice? Should I buy the cheapest board?

mahmoodn:
No I don’t need special thing. Yes, a USB connection is good also. So what is the choice? Should I buy the cheapest board?

your call, but yes.

mahmoodn:
Should I buy the cheapest board?

Since you ask thew question, probably not. get a Uno. It is easier to use, only slightly more expensive, and more easily applied to do something more useful in the future.

Hi,
What sort of input does the fan require to control its speed.
PWM, voltage etc etc.
The UNO and NANO and MICRO controllers have PWM but not analog voltage level, you can with some simple components convert/filter the PWM to a proportional voltage level.

Tom.... :slight_smile:

OK I bought the Uno... Now trying to use it :slight_smile:
Thanks