Self Balancing isn't balancing

Southpark:
I am tinkering with them. I got 1 video of my commercially bought put-together-yourself bot.....currently fitting a Lipo batteey. I know how to put together my own bot with own components though.... and have a reasonably good understanding of control systems and control theory.

Your robot performs the same as mine. If your gyro offset drifts from the calibrated value the robot will wander. The only way to prevent this is with wheel encoders.

charliesixpack:
Your robot performs the same as mine. If your gyro offset drifts from the calibrated value the robot will wander. The only way to prevent this is with wheel encoders.

Thanks. I will be testing that area of things soon (extra long term behaviour). At the moment, my bot is NOT using any gyro measurements..... it's using accelerometer readings (for angle) only for now.... as I removed the gyro readings within the control software. So far, I know that my bot can sit there for 20 minutes and not move from its spot. But I need to see how this bot performs after I add a battery to it.