Send a raw packet with W5100

History:
So, I have a linux server on my house and I use it as Server with multiple uses. I have port forwarded most of the services I run in the server so am able to use them out of my house (Samba Server, Open VPN...). Although, because the PC I use is an old one with a very high power consumption, I dont want to have the server always running and I want to be able to wake it from outside of the house. I tried many different ways in order to accomplish that and finally what I did (and I am using it for almost a year), I used a raspberry pi with a python program that runs socket, and when I ping the raspberry pi from outside of the house with an other python scri[t (on a specific port), It sends the packet to wake the server so I will be able to use the other services. Sadly, I need to use the raspberry for an other reason so I must replace it with something else to do the same job.

Problem:
I have an arduino uno with a W5100 ethernet shield and I have already made a web page on it so I get in the webpage and press a button to wake the pc. I have managed it do it all until the send package thing.
I have searched on the internet MANY hours to find a WOL solution on my problem but most of them has an error in compiling or are big or other resons. I read about the structure of the WOL package and its pretty easy (1 * broadcast MAC + 16 * target MAC) and I deiced that it will be easier to make my own WOL program by creating the packet from the start.

So, I also searched how to send RAW packages with Bytes on the network and I couldn't find a solution. My question is: How can I send RAW packages in the network with Arduino and W5100?

Thanks in advance!!!

[EDIT] I just read how big the topic is and I am sorry for all the useless details

This thread shows you how to send raw packets.

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.