Send an IP packet

hi everyone,

i have two Arduino,
and i want to do a small project can do the following

1 - i want to send an ip packet through the network from one Arduino to the other
when i send a message from the first when the second receive it blink with the LED

2 - i want to record my own voice and send it to the other Arduino and hear it

i need guidelines to start

thx.

Guidelines:

1 - use ESP8266 modules to do this. Exactly how depends on what "network" you are looking at. If you want to make sense of it, provide details.

2 - not an Arduino project. Use Raspberry Pi.s

Paul__B:
Guidelines:

1 - use ESP8266 modules to do this. Exactly how depends on what "network" you are looking at. If you want to make sense of it, provide details.

2 - not an Arduino project. Use Raspberry Pi.s

i want to connect my own Arduino through an Ethernet cable to my modem/router
and the same my friend will connect his Arduino , and i want to make them communicate

for the second part, it would be great if can you provide me with more details why i can't use Arduino for this kind of project

thx.

Arduinos (or the far more powerful ESP8266 for that matter) don't have the processor power or memory to encode sound, handle large sound files, or decode sound.

If you want to send sound to your friend, use a mobile phone and your favourite messaging app (WhatsApp does this very well).

wvmarle:
Arduinos (or the far more powerful ESP8266 for that matter) don't have the processor power or memory to encode sound, handle large sound files, or decode sound.

If you want to send sound to your friend, use a mobile phone and your favourite messaging app (WhatsApp does this very well).

it's not about sending voice to my friend, it's a project we have to do,
can i do it with the Raspberry Pi ?
thx.

khalidd7:
can i do it with the Raspberry Pi ?

Probably, but you better ask about that on a RPi forum.

It shouldn’t be impossible. You can encode “phone quality” voice in about 64kbit/s without fancy processing on either end. Lower quality in as little as 8kbits/s.