Send data from Processing to Sparkfun WiFly Shield - help!

Hi all,

I need a bit of guidance in the next part of my project please.

I have a Sparkfun WiFly Shield (http://www.sparkfun.com/products/9954) that I have connected to my Uno R3. I have set this up correctly and associated it with my network and can ping and see it, etc. No problems there.

What I would like to do is to send values from Processing (I have a PS3 controller connected to Processing that is currently sending 6 integer values to the serial port) directly to the WiFly shield over my wifi network.

Low latency is of a priority here as the arduino needs to respond as soon as the ps3 control sticks are moved.

I've done lots of googling and forum searching on here, processing and sparkfun forums but can't find anything that I can make fit with what I want to do.

Can anyone give me any guidance?

Many thanks,

Adam

P.S. I don’t need to send data back to Processing, just from it.

Thanks

Low latency is of a priority here as the arduino needs to respond as soon as the ps3 control sticks are moved.

Low latency and networking don't go together in the same sentence.

The Processing application that writes to the serial port is of no use, when the data that arrives at the serial port simply falls out on the floor. The wifi shield on the Arduino is to connect to a wireless network. The data that it gets is not coming from the serial port on any machine connected to that network.

Low latency and networking don't go together in the same sentence.

I'd have to disagree with you there Paul, at least in this case as I've seen plenty of examples of what I want to achieve on YouTube, etc.

And I'm aware that the way I CURRENTLY use the serial port won't be fit for purpose here, I'm looking for help/suggestions on porting what I currently have to make use of the wifly shield.

UDP has been used before so do you or any other members know how I can send packets from processing to wifly that way?

Thanks