Send Data to Server from Arduino UNO (with E-net shield connected)

I am trying to send data from the Arduino UNO (with Ethernet shield installed) to the server. I have looked in my local Ethernet.h file and there is a definition for the method client.write( …

However when I compile the code I get the error,
"no matching function for call to EthernetClient::write(String&)

Can someone please have a look at my code (error is on line 94) and tell me what is going on.

Thanking you in advance.

EthernetRecWriteData.ino (3.06 KB)

client.print(string). same as for Serial

You REALLY need to learn the difference between write() and print(), for ALL streams. It makes NO sense to try to write() a String.

My Friend,

There is little to be gained by being sarcastic - you only risk offending people.

I am sure you've made mistakes before and thought afterward, why did I do that ?

So, rather than add a negative comment, why not display your superior knowledge and explain the difference?

Juraj: client.print(string). same as for Serial

Juraj: client.print(string). same as for Serial

Thank you for the reply -very much appreciated

I assume your comment "You can't write an Arduino sketch if you didn't learn programming. Not the language, but the concepts of programming - algorithms and data types." is a generic one and not aimed at me specifically.

I have a good foundation in programming theory - but like everyone (on this planet) I make mistakes sometimes, as I am sure you have too.

Sciencez: I assume your comment "You can't write an Arduino sketch if you didn't learn programming. Not the language, but the concepts of programming - algorithms and data types." is a generic one and not aimed at me specifically.

yes it is generic. I didn't open the attached ino file so I can't comment your coding skills

Juraj: yes it is generic. I didn't open the attached ino file so I can't comment your coding skills

Again thank you for your reply.

I thought I tried cleint.print() - I can only assume I must have made some oversight - it's late and I'm feeling it.

Have a good night and again thanks for your assistance