Send Hex through UDP

Hi Everyone I am looking to get my arduino with Ethernet shield talking to my new Blackmagic Atem switcher. The switcher uses UDP to communicate and sends hex values over UDP.
I have looked at modifying the basic Udp.sendPacket sketch but don't seem to be able to send hex values out of the arduino.

I have been using wireshark to monitor the packets sent out of the arduino.
If anyone can help that would be great.
Cheers
Steve

Post a wireshark capture of what a working packet looks like and what the Arduino is sending. This is the easiest way to debug such troubles.

Korman

Just to post a reply to my own post I managed to send Hex through UDP by placing the Hex characters in an array, when calling the array I had to specifier the size of the array.
After all this it still doesn't quite do what I want it to do, but that is life, anyway here is the code.

#include <SPI.h> // needed for Arduino versions later than 0018
#include <Ethernet.h>
#include <Udp.h> // UDP library from: bjoern@cs.stanford.edu 12/30/2008

// Enter a MAC address and IP address for your controller below.
// The IP address will be dependent on your local network:
byte mac[] = { 0xDE, 0xAD, 0xBE, 0xEF, 0xFE, 0xED };
byte ip[] = { 192,168,10,200 };

unsigned int localPort = 5600; // local port to listen on
byte myArray[] = {0x08,0x18,0x80,0x01,0x00,0x00,0x00,0x00,0x00,0x00,0x00,0x6f,0x00,0x0c,0x83,0x15,0x43,0x50,0x67,0x49,0x00,0x010,0x00,0x00};

// the next two variables are set when a packet is received
byte remoteIp[] = {192, 168, 10, 240}; // holds received packet's originating IP
unsigned int remotePort = 9910; // holds received packet's originating port

void setup() {
// start the Ethernet and UDP:
Ethernet.begin(mac,ip);
Udp.begin(localPort);

Serial.begin(9600);
}

void loop() {

Serial.println("sending");

Udp.sendPacket( myArray,24, remoteIp, remotePort);
delay(1000);
}

steve

Hi Steve,

I am very excited to find your post. I too am very interested in developing software for the Arduino to control the ATEM switcher and related hardware.

The current firmware (and software) of the switcher have serious limitations. There is no way to save settings, no way to control video players etc from the control panel. So I am very interested in developing creative solutions for this.

Maybe we can work together on this? I don't have the switcher yet (waiting for the 2 ME model) and I am not a very experienced electronics person, but I did manage to hack together several devices for various art and media projects.

Some ideas:

• take a 19" control panel from the Blackmagic Matrices (smart control) as user interface
  • create sequences of events that can be triggered by GPI or key press
  • sequences can include events like:
  • send play trigger to Hyperdeck Studio player
  • trigger cut to video player source
  • select input source for AUX output
  • send GPO to a computer via USB (eg to control Softron On the Air Video Express video player software)

I am interested in what you're planning to do with the Arduino.

Best,

Gerbrand

http://www.engagetv.com

Hi,

There is a arduino libary for the ATEM blackmagic availible on the net.

https://github.com/kasperskaarhoj/Arduino-Library-for-ATEM-Switchers

Maybe this is usefull.

Kind regards

Koen