Send signal from arduino to pc or tablet

Is it possible to send a signal FROM the arduino TO a PC or a tablet? We are trying to make a project that makes a tablet send a text message if it receives signal from the arduino. We are not going to use a GSM module for the project requires an interface/GUI either from a pc or a tablet. Thanks in advance for the response.

With a PC you can connect to the Arduino using the USB cable but I don't think that is generally an option with tablets. You can get bluetooth modules for the Arduino and most tablets and many laptops have bluetooth built in.

You will need a program on the PC or tablet to "listen" for the message from the Arduino.

...R

I guess we can make the app/GUI. The medium is what makes me skeptical. In our searches it requires two arduino board. One for the system and one for the PC which is not practical. Is it possible with only the bluetooth module to transmit a signal back to the PC?

ZhyCore: I guess we can make the app/GUI. The medium is what makes me skeptical. In our searches it requires two arduino board. One for the system and one for the PC which is not practical. Is it possible with only the bluetooth module to transmit a signal back to the PC?

I can't imagine why you think you would need 2 Arduino boards - but that is probably because you have not provided a detailed description of what you are trying to achieve.

Do you mean that you want the Arduino to connect with a PC and with a tablet at the same time ? That is certainly possible.

What Arduino board are you using?

...R