Send sms whit arduino gsm

Hi everyone,
I’ve just bought an Arduino GSM Shield, and now I would like send sms to a telephone.
I’ve bought sim too.
So now i have an Arduino Uno, Arduino GSM Shield and Sim with 10 €.

Can you help me? I would a program and image for do the project,
Thanks,
Marco.

You can start with the SenSMS example in the Arduino IDE.

File->Examples->GSM->SendSMS

Regards,

p

i really do it, and he say "complete" , but is not got no message

Did you power up the modem (pressing the power button for a couple of seconds)?
I also recommend you to move your post to the Arduino GSM topic:

Regards,

p

how I use modem?? what is it??

The arduino GSM shield needs to be power up (ON). In order to do that you have to press the power button. How is the status of the LEDs?

Remember also that the GSM shield requires an external power supply that can provide between 700mA and 1000mA.

Regards,

p

is powered by the computer's USB, but the probem is in the program , can you resolve it??

Marco,
The USB power is not enough. You have to connect the Arduino UNO with an external power supply adapter that can provide up to 700 to 1000 mA. Did you press the power button? LED status?

(Alimentar el Arduino UNO solo con el cable USB no es suficiente. Necesitas conectar tambien al Arduino UNO un adaptador de 5 a 12 voltios que pueda proveer hasta 1 Amperio. Quisiera saber si presionaste por algunos segundos el boton que dice "POWER" en el escudo GSM. Como estan los LEDs?

Regards,

p

The led remains on

What about the NET and STATUS LEDs?

p

status remain on, net flashes

As far as I can see, the LEDs status of your GSM shield is OK. Are you using the external power adapter? If not, the only thing is for you to connect the Arduino with the external power supply and see.

p

I've already done all.
Maybe it may be an error in the programming period SendSMS??

The example should work thoroughly. Anyway, there is another way to test if the modem is working OK.
Here a code you can load into the Arduino UNO and then from the serial monitor of the Arduino IDE, you can
type/send for example AT, then the modem should answer with an OK. If that work, then
you can manually dial a number to your phone like ATD[phone number]; and so on.

#include <SoftwareSerial.h>

SoftwareSerial mySerial(2,3);

void setup()
{
  mySerial.begin(19200);
  Serial.begin(19200);
}

void loop()
{
  if (mySerial.available())
    Serial.write(mySerial.read());
  if (Serial.available())
    mySerial.write(Serial.read());   
}

p

Thank you, but still does not work.
You can see the errors in the image below.
In the Arduino’s program remains stuck in that moment.

Thank You.

In the code I sent you, can you change in the serial monitor (not in the code) the baud rate to 19200 and run it again?
Anyway, I am far from my lab where I have my GSM shield but tonight (US central time) I can run some tests for you.

Thanks,

p

thank you

Sends the message but does not come to the telephone.

I send the message, thank you so much !

Hello Marco,
I am happy you made it work! What was the problem? Regards

p