Sending a 3-digit integer via serial

Hello everyone! I am a newbie to both Arduino and electronics. I have embarked on a project that utilises an ARDUINO UNO board to control an AC motor according to an input by the user. I have successfully sent 1 byte to the board to control the speed of the motor. I want to send 2 and 3 digit integer to the board for accurate speed control. HOW TO DO THIS?

Will serial communication between the Arduino and the PC help me? Or are there other solutions?

Thanks in advance...

Will serial communication between the Arduino and the PC help me?

Yes. It is possible. Use the serial monitor to send /received the data. or Use Processing to send the data. At the Arduino side, you program to received the data, manipulate the data to control the motor.

I have successfully sent 1 byte to the board to control the speed of the motor

So you have an idea..

Can you show some code and maybe the type of board you are using. The hardware usually determined the code to control the hardware.

Techone: Can you show some code and maybe the type of board you are using. The hardware usually determined the code to control the hardware.

I just used plain analogWrite to the optocoupler. It just worked great. I used an industrial single phase ac motor.

Techone: Use Processing to send the data. At the Arduino side, you program to received the data, manipulate the data to control the motor.

I shall try that out. Thanks.