Sending a Pulse signal to robot so it can speak

Complete newbie but excited to get started. Below is my plan any advice greatly appreciated. I am trying to send a signal to my arduino to then activate a pre-recorded message. We have a Universal Robot that is capable of sending a 24v pulse when an error is received. I can control the length of the pulse and how many pulses the robot sends for an individual error message. What I would like to do for example, is send a single pulse and have arduino play message #1, send two pulses and have arduino play message number two, etc.

I'm planning to use this board to play the recorded messages https://www.ebay.com/itm/ISD1932-1964-8-CH-Audio-Sound-Voice-Record-Play-PCB-DIY-Recorder-Player-Module/232483146376?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

I plan to convert the 24v from the robot to a 5v pulse and send to arduino. There are great examples of how to count pulses already on the forum.

Then have arduino listen to a pin for a sequence of pulses. So I'm thinking I would listen for a pulse, if a pulse received, wait 10 seconds for any additional pulses and, count the number of pulses received and if # of Pulses > 0 then have it run through a Do case if Pulse count = 1 send signal to board to play pre-recorded message #1, if Pulse count = 2 then send signal to board to play pre-recorded message #2. After it plays message reset pulses to 0 and keep listening

Does anyone think this is crazy or very difficult? Thanks for any advice - Scott

"Does anyone think this is crazy or very difficult? "

You probably are not crazy, but the project may well be difficult. I suggest you do a lot of reading and get a board to start working with. You might consider a wifi board as they are increasingly popular.