Sending Accelerometer data through xbee series 1

Hi can anyone help me? I am trying to set up two transmitting stations with an Xbee series1, Xbee usb shield from sparkfun and an ADXL335 3 axis accelerometer (analog data).

I need the X and Y accelerometer data to transmit through xbee to another xbee attached to an xbee arduino shield(also from sparkfun) and an arduino uno.

My ultimate goal is to have two transmitting stations each with its own xbee and accelerometer sending to the same xbee/arduino...so there would be a total of four values being received at the arduino end from two seperate xbee sources.

Is this possible with the series 1?

If any of you can help with code or advice I'd really appreciate it.

Hi can anyone help me?

Possibly.

Xbee usb shield from sparkfun

Link?

My ultimate goal is to have two transmitting stations each with its own xbee and accelerometer sending to the same xbee/arduino...so there would be a total of four values being received at the arduino end from two seperate xbee sources.

Is this possible with the series 1?

Yes.

If any of you can help with code or advice I'd really appreciate it.

Here's a start:

void setup()
{
}

void loop()
{
}

All you need to do now is define what you want the code to do, and put that in either setup() or loop().

Thanks PaulS I really appreciate you taking the time to write and post that clever little piece of.... code...

It all makes sense now ;)

Im seriously lost here not having ever worked with wireless transmission.... could really use a little bit of help.

The link for the kit that I purchased is http://www.sparkfun.com/products/9897

The thing is that there are two parts to sending data wirelessly. One is configuring the XBees so that talk to each other. That is really pretty simple for series 1 models. Set PAN ID, MY, and DL on each XBee. MY on one is the DL value on the other one, and neither MY or DL should be 0. PAN ID needs to be the same on both.

The other part is actually getting data to send, sending the data, reading the data, and using that data. That is done exactly the same whether the data is going through a wire or over the air.

Getting three way communication is not possible with series 1 models. You can have one set up to broadcast to all other XBees (it's DL is 0), and have that one send requests for data, defining which other XBee it is talking to. Both XBees will get the message (eventually, broadcast is slow), but it will be responded to by only one of the Arduino/Xbees, so the central one knows which one responded.

This is not a beginner project.

Thanks. Is it at all possible to send from one xbee to a second and then merge the data and send to a third??? If not then I do have the space at the receiving end to have two xbees.... Maybe each can be linked to its own accelerometer?

Does that seem like a better solution?

Does that seem like a better solution?

It is a possible solution. But, you have defined so few parameters that I can't tell whether it is the best solution.

What is the receiver going to do with the accelerometer data? How often will the senders be sending data? How critical is it that all data gets through?

Its going to drive servos...its an experiment on wireless telemetry. because its a slow moving servo I could wait for good data maybe as long as 500ms so a little lag (or a lot) is ok for this application.