Sending and Receiving Location using Google Maps

A good day!

We are having a hard time doing this project for our finals in Embedded System. :(

So we are using the ff hardwares: *Microcontroller (ATMega 168) *GSM Module *GPS Module * LCD Module *Keypad

The flow of the program is this:

FIrst, we need to type the password using the keypad and we only have 3 tries. We finished this part. Next is we should send a text message containing "LOC" to the sim card inserted in the GSM Module. After that, Google should reply to the number in the GSM module the Location (e.g. Seoul, not the latitude and longitude). Then the number in the GSM Module should reply the location in our own number.

We are so clueless. Hope you can help us. The main problem is, we don't know how to integrate Google Map in Arduino.

The main problem is, we don't know how to integrate Google Map in Arduino.

To start forget about Arduino, software etc. and work out exactly how you would do things by hand.

Unfortunately your posting is not really very clear about what you want to do, I find the references to "numbers" confusing.

Sorry for my bad explanation.

So first we need to put password using the keypad and it will appears in the lcd module. We have only 3 tries.

(let P1 be the sim card in our phone and P2 is the sim card in our GSM module) If the password is correct, we can send text message using P1 to P2. The text must contain "LOC". After that, P2 will send this in Google Map. Then, the Google Map will reply the location (e.g. Seoul) to P2. Then P2 will reply the location to P1.

Your explanation seems to be saying that the mobile phone sends a text to the GSM module, but in that case the GPS and GSM modules seem redundant, you could just do all this on a smart phone with GPS. I also don't understand what the password is used for?

password is for logging-in only so you can send a text.

it will be like this.

log in > we send message "LOC" to GSM Module > GSM Module request location in Google Map > Google Map sends the location to GSM Module > GSM Module forwards it to us.

we send message "LOC" to GSM Module

The GSM module won't understand that. The Arduino that the GSM module is connected to might.

GSM Module request location in Google Map

The GSM module can't do that. The GPS in the GSM module might be able to give the Arduino latitude and longitude information. The Arduino might be able to use a web service to convert lat/lon to named location.

Google Map sends the location to GSM Module

I really don't think Google maps is set up to send text messages, but I could be wrong.

GSM Module forwards it to us.

Not unless you ask for it.

The sim card in the GSM Module can do it coz we have our previous programs that can send message. About Google, the only clue we have is "Google can send the location" but we don't know how.

The sim card in the GSM Module can do it coz we have our previous programs that can send message.

Can do what? The SIM card is a storage mechanism. It can't send SMSs. The GSM module can, but can Google Maps accept them?

About Google, the only clue we have is "Google can send the location"

Where did you get that clue?

What is it you are trying to do in general? Is it that you want to know where the MCU is in the world? I still don't understand what you are logging in to. Is it just some sort of password protection on your module?

It seems to me that what you need to do is get the lat and long from the GPS, and use the GSM to test that to google maps and display the result, like “Seoul”.