Sending AUDIO FILE from ESP8266 to Raspbeery Pi either by FTP or UDP

I am working in a project that involves taking the sound from a Electret Microphone 4466 into an ESP8266, my question is, if i want to send the data either using UDP or FTP, is it better to use an SD module to storage the data before? And, which way is better to send the information? At the time I don't have any code, I am trying to see which is the best option to go ahead.

Thanks for reading and have a nice day

themasterone:
I am working in a project that involves taking the sound from a Electret Microphone 4466 into an ESP8266, my question is, if i want to send the data either using UDP or FTP, is it better to use an SD module to storage the data before? And, which way is better to send the information?

These are application level questions only you can answer.

If you want to get the sound somewhere in real-time you cannot store the data on a SD card. On the other side RF uses a lot of power and depending the amount of sound you want to record and how often you need to get the data it could be a good idea to store the sound and send the data at specific times to allow the RF connection to be closed in between to save battery.

FTP would allow you to upload files to a server without a special application running.

UDP would be better suited for applications where you need the data in real-time for processing and when it does not matter if you loose some samples.

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.