Hello Guys, first post here and basically my first Arduino Project.
I wanted to try and send or receive CAN-Signals with an Arduino and an MCP2515. I decided to use this library . And tried to send simple CAN-Signals with the MCP2515.
However... Even though I have seen it working on other Arduino's and even tried copying the exact example given by the Author of the API. The Serial Monitor always reads "Entering Configuration Mode Failure..." followed by a custom Error Message.
Regarding the Sketch:
- Speed has been adjusted but my CAN-Sniffing Tool never receives anything on that speed, even though the example keeps printing "Message Sent Successfully"
- No Idea what the canClock does but neither 16MHz or 8Mhz does the trick
- Arduino has Power
- MCP2515 has a single RED LED lighted up with a label next to it being "POW". So yeah, that one has power as well but maybe it's supposed to blink any different?
Regarding the Hardware:
- [MCP2515 -> Arduino] VCC -> +5V; GND -> GND; CS -> PIN10 (Tried others without success, changing that line in the example as well, obviously.)
- Arduino Nano with ATmega328P (Old Bootloader) and configured as that inside the Arduino IDE as well
- I am injecting the CAN into an OBD2-Breakout-Box and sniffing the Signals with that. The Breakout-Box has led's that light up if there are signals going through CAN and those do not light up. Even though "Message Sent Successfully!" continues being printed to the Serial Monitor.
- Tried other MCP2515-Modules as well with the same result.
An Example from the Serial Monitor: 18:35:25.599 -> Entering Configuration Mode Failure... 18:35:25.599 -> Error Initializing MCP2515... 18:35:25.599 -> Error Sending Message... 18:35:26.626 -> Error Sending Message... 18:35:27.612 -> Message Sent Successfully! 18:35:28.597 -> Message Sent Successfully! 18:35:29.620 -> Message Sent Successfully! xx:xx:xx.xxx -> Message Sent Successfully! (Continues until I stop it)
I have tried a different library with the same result.