Sending data from Bluetooth to MAC OS X

Hello all,

I am having some difficulty sending data from the Arduino BT to my MAC. I know that I can communicate from my Laptop to the Arduino because I was able to do the Blink program. However, I am now hooking up my circuit to the Arduino BT and I need it to transfer the data, via Bluetooth, to my Laptop where I am running LabView.

I have the Arduino BT Mega238P with the Bluetooth device already mounted on it. Any help would be appreciated.

Herman

Is the Bluetooth menu showing at the top of your screen?

Have you selected "Set up Bluetooth device..." from the Bluetooth menu?

Yes, I have hooked it up and the communication from my computer to the Arduino works great. However, I am using Serial.println("ON"); everytime the light turns on just to see if I can get a response from my Arduino, and it doesn't work.

Are you saying that you are able to upload sketches over Bluetooth but Serial.println() messages are not getting to Serial Monitor?

Is Serial Monitor set to the baud rate the sketch has set in Serial.begin()?

Can you post your code? What bluetooth device are you using?

I am able to upload the code. I am trying to get the Arduino to reply back just to ensure that I have 2 way communication. I am programming dumb, so this may be a simple fix. I am just utilizing the Blink program and telling the Arduino to send back an ON or OFF message when the light is on/off. I open the Serial Monitor window and set the baud rate to 9600. The code looks like this:

/* Blink Turns on an LED on for one second, then off for one second, repeatedly.

This example code is in the public domain. */

void setup() { // initialize the digital pin as an output. // Pin 13 has an LED connected on most Arduino boards: Serial.begin(9600); pinMode(13, OUTPUT); }

void loop() { digitalWrite(13, HIGH); // set the LED on Serial.println("ON"); delay(1000); // wait for a second digitalWrite(13, LOW); // set the LED off Serial.println("OFF"); delay(1000); // wait for a second }

Thanks for the help.

It is the Arduino BT ATmega238P

Uploading sketches requires two-way serial communications so your bluetooth connection SHOULD be working. Try the 115200 baud setting mentioned in the user's guide:

http://www.arduino.cc/en/Guide/ArduinoBT

"Using the Arduino BT

The on-board serial communication between the bluetooth module and the Arduino sketch (running on the ATmega168) needs to be at 115200 baud (i.e. call Serial.begin(115200) in your setup() function). Communication between the bluetooth module and the computer can be at any baud rate.

Communication between the BT module and the computer can be temperamental. You might want to open the serial monitor a couple of seconds after resetting the board."

If I use the Serial.begin(115200), that sets the communication rate on the board? But it doesnt effect the communication between the Arduino and the computer? So, when I open the Serial Monitor, what baud rate do I select? I've been through them all.

The command Serial.println("ON") should tell the Arduino to send back "ON" to my computer via Bluetooth, right?