Sending data over WiFi to JavaScript on VPS

Hi, it's my first post here!

I need to send data ( ultrasonic sensor measurements) consistently from an Arduino Uno ( w/ esp8266) to a VPS and use it in Javascript code running there. how can I do that? is there a method to directly send the data to the JS application or do I need a middleman ( an IoT platform of some sort)? and if so, what's the simplest one that I can deploy on my VPS to just send the data to the JS app?

I'd really appreciate any help as I have a project to finish in 2 weeks and I am completely lost on where to start!

thanks.

1, What do you mean by "VPS" If its vertual private server then it just does not matter

1. javascript only runs (as far as I know) with a browser, so you never just send to it

Mark

PenPCB: I need to send data ( ultrasonic sensor measurements) consistently from an Arduino Uno ( w/ esp8266) to a VPS and use it in Javascript code running there. how can I do that?

IMHO it is much easier to learn how to do web stuff using a PC as there are hundreds or thousands of online tutorials. When you know how to do it with your PC then you just need to get your Arduino to do the same thing.

For initial testing you can fake the sensor readings.

...R