Sending MIDI CC Messages

Hi,

I would like to get into Arduino MIDI projects, and for starters i want to be able to send a MIDI CC message using the value of a single potentiometer, and i want my DAW to be able to recognize it. How do i go about that? Are there Arduino/MIDI drivers available for that?
I'm interested in keeping the Arduino board connected to the computer using the USB interface, i don't want to use ancient MIDI connectors.

Thanks a lot in advance, highly appreciated,
Erez

Are there Arduino/MIDI drivers available for that?

Of course.

I’m interested in keeping the Arduino board connected to the computer using the USB interface

Is it the PC that you want to send the messages to?

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, my only need at the moment is to send CC’s from the Arduino to the PC.
I eventually plan on building a MIDI controller that connects to the PC through the USB port and can be used with any DAW (currently using FL Studio).

btw i have the Seeeduino board

Can someone write a quick code showing how to send a note to a DAW? I want to program the arduino to play a note(s) to my DAW. At this point I want the arduino to send out a preprogramed MIDI signal to the computer rather than plugging an MIDI instrument into the arduino.

@mathu
It is bad form to hijack a thread, especially if it is not asking the same thing. Please start your own separate thread.

This project sends notes out to MIDI:-
http://www.thebox.myzen.co.uk/Hardware/Pendulum.html

On a PC I've got this to work:
Arduino serial out (USB) -> "Hairless-MIDI" (PC app) -> MIDI Yoke channel -> DAW (FL Studio)

Hairless MIDI (crazy name!) connects a PC COM port (from Arduino) @ any baud rate, (I used 115200) to any installed MIDI Yoke channels. DAW can then connect to MIDI yoke channels. Might there be something simpler? Maybe....

• Wally

Thanks Wally! It's exciting to finally see something happening. I've tried some midi codes I've found at the Arduino website and other websites but there's always an error. The Hairless program sees it coming to it, but it always errors on something. Is there something that needs to coded differently when using hairless? I would like to test it by having the program just play a single note so that I can verify it in my DAW. Can you help me with this?

I've found at the Arduino website and other websites but there's always an error.

How about trying to understand the code instead of giving up on a compile error?

If you could learn to code yourself then you would not be condemned to always copying and you could do some original work.
MIDI is trivially easy, you do not need a library to send it, it is simply two or three Serial write instructions.