Sending Notifications to Android app using Firebase and arduino

Hello, I’m working on this project where I’m supposed to send notifications to an android app using my arduino at a certain time. So I set up a firebase account and linked it correctly to my android app and everything and I tried sending a notification from firebase which worked perfectly. However, what I want now is to use my arduino to send the notifications at a certain time(using an RTC module). I have the esp8266 which is connected to wifi and I downloaded the firebase library and esp8266 library. However when i go to the examples found in the firebase library such as the one for cloudmessaging, and try to upload it to my arduino mega I get this error:

Arduino: 1.8.5 (Windows 10), Board: "Arduino/Genuino Mega or Mega 2560, ATmega2560 (Mega 2560)"

C:\Users\Daniel\Documents\Arduino\libraries\firebase-arduino-master\examples\FirebaseDemo_ESP8266\FirebaseDemo_ESP8266.ino:20:25: fatal error: ESP8266WiFi.h: No such file or directory

#include <ESP8266WiFi.h>

^

compilation terminated.

exit status 1
Error compiling for board Arduino/Genuino Mega or Mega 2560.

This report would have more information with
"Show verbose output during compilation"
option enabled in File -> Preferences.

So i figured the esp8266 library I downloaded had a different name so i downloaded that esp8266Wifi.h library then tried to run it again and now i get this error:

Arduino: 1.8.5 (Windows 10), Board: "Arduino/Genuino Mega or Mega 2560, ATmega2560 (Mega 2560)"

In file included from C:\Users\Daniel\Documents\Arduino\libraries\ESP8266WiFi\src/ESP8266WiFi.h:33:0,

from C:\Users\Daniel\Documents\Arduino\libraries\firebase-arduino-master\examples\FirebaseDemo_ESP8266\FirebaseDemo_ESP8266.ino:20:

C:\Users\Daniel\Documents\Arduino\libraries\ESP8266WiFi\src/ESP8266WiFiType.h:26:19: fatal error: queue.h: No such file or directory

#include <queue.h>

^

compilation terminated.

exit status 1
Error compiling for board Arduino/Genuino Mega or Mega 2560.

This report would have more information with
"Show verbose output during compilation"
option enabled in File -> Preferences.

it’s getting on my nerves…Its my first time doing such a program and I’m not sure what I’m doing wrong.

Its my first time doing such a program and I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.

It looks to me like you are trying to compile code that is meant for an ESP8266 for the Mega. Tain't gonna work.