sending numbers & text over RF 433 link

Hi All

I've scoured google & this forum for answers to my problem but can't seem to find a solution

I've successfully managed to send floating point numbers from 1 Uno to another but I also want to send text to indicate the status of 2 Uno switched relays as ON or OFF.

Is there a way to combine numbers & text within the same transmission? (I'm no pragrammer!)

You can send text, but it's not as easy as sending a flag. Send a byte. It can easily represent true and false. A byte could hold up to 8 relay status, one for each bit.

Is there a way to combine numbers & text within the same transmission?

Yes. Since you couldn't be bothered posting your code, I can't be bothered explaining more.

PaulS

Do you practice at being rude or does it come naturally??

If you want help with a program, don't you think it would be sensible to post it?

Forum members get tired of people who post questions, without bothering to read the "how to post" message.

aarg

Thanks for suggestion; tried it & it works fine

I was asking if something was possible without going into the detailed coding.

The answer I received from aarg was the pointer I needed to solve the problem.

If forum members get tired of people who post questions, without bothering to read the "how to post" message then they should refrain from answering the question & certainly avoid being rude; but then,maybe, that's the way they were 'brought up'.

As William Horman (c. 1440 – April 1535) said "manners maketh man"

PaulS

I called you rude it's true & I'm sorry for it & you can put the puntuation where you like

dominator99:
PaulS

Do you practice at being rude or does it come naturally??

I practice.