Sending RFID data to a MySql database (w/o Ethernet Shield)

Greetings and Salutations folks,

I have been playing around with the RFID MFRC522 module lately. At this stage, the RFID tag's ID can be read with the help of the module. Searching on the web revealed that this can be done via PHP with the help of serial port, but unfortunately I have Windows 10 as my OS, which doesn't allow PHP to read the serial port. Since I don't have the Ethernet or the Wifi shield, is there a way in which I can send the RFID tag data through the USB port (A-B cable), and receive it with a local MySQL database?

Your help will be really appreciated.

what's your Arduino? are you willing to develop code on the PC side? (your arduino - if chosen well - could act as a keyboard and send the RFID tag's ID as if they were typed on the keyboard. Then you need to be in the right application on the PC side to capture those and transform them into SQL requests )

J-M-L: what's your Arduino? are you willing to develop code on the PC side? (your arduino - if chosen well - could act as a keyboard and send the RFID tag's ID as if they were typed on the keyboard. Then you need to be in the right application on the PC side to capture those and transform them into SQL requests )

Many apologies for not mentioning it. As a beginner, I'm using Arduino Uno in order to accomplish this task. As long as it's limited to Arduino, PHP (or Java), and MySql, I'm more than willing to write the code.

The program PLX DAQ that can be found in these forums provides a ready made serial communication interface between an arduino and MS Excel and allows you to save information to an Excel Worksheet.

https://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=437398.0

Also MS Visual Studio, C# or VB.Net can connect to a MySQL database there are lots of examples.

An alternative is to create a local XML database using VS which would hold several hundred tags, there are lots of examples for this also

I have Windows 10 as my OS, which doesn’t allow PHP to read the serial port.

Some proof of that would be useful.

Of course, you have to have the PHP script running…

There are plenty of languages you can use on the PC that can read from the serial port and write to a database.