sending serial value to visual studio

hello members

i have pot connected to my arduino which is connected serially to my pc now pot value changes as its resistance keeps on changing in my application,i want to send pot value continuously to my pc i am using visual studio 2010 professional because after this i want to use this data to control motors through servo controllers which is also connected serially to my pc , basically i am a beginner if you can provide me with a detail answer it will be quite a big favour and support.

So you want to make the following chain:

pot -> ArduinoSketch -> Serial -> PC -> something.exe -> serial -> Servo

Visual Studio is a development Environment. Which language are you developing in?

Use Serial.print() to send the pot value as a string. Use Serial.write(lowByte(potVal)) and Serial,write(highByte(potVal)) to send the value as two bytes.

Use appropriate methods on the PC to receive the string, and convert it to a number, or to receive two bytes and re-assemble as an int.

Visual Studio is a development Environment. Which language are you developing in

i am using C#, any guidance.

i am using C#, any guidance.

I'd suggest that you explain what you need help with.

Communication between the Arduino and the PC requires that the Arduino send data in a format that the PC application recognizes, and that the PC sends data in a format that the Arduino recognizes.

The Arduino then needs to be able to send and receive data. The PC application then needs to be able to send and receive data.

On the Arduino side, the Serial class has all the required methods. In the PC/C# side, the System.IO.Ports.SerialPort class has all the required methods.

thanks sir for your prompt reply , i will try if there is an issue anywhere then i will post it here.