Sending

Hi All,

I'm new here.. just joining thr forum. Please, i have 2 arduino board, one raspberry pi and an njk-5002c Hall Effect Sensor Proximity Switch NPN.

What i intend to do is this: I want the sensor to capture the status of a machine, when it is running, when it stops, the RPM and most importantly SAVE THESE FIGURES in a MySQL database on my raspberry Pi/laptop.

Can you kindly advice me on how to go about this?

Thanks.
(sanusiemmanuel@yahoo.com)

Can you kindly advice me on how to go about this?

I advise you to take it one step at a time.

Learn to connect the sensor to the Arduino.
Learn to detect when it changes state.

I can't imagine how you will use the "There is, or is not, something magnetic near the sensor" information to get ALL the data that you suggest. "running" to me implies a non-zero RPM, so that seems redundant information. If the RPM is zero, the machine is not running.

Of course, when the sensor changes state, you can record when that happens. But, the last time you got a pulse and the time that the machine stops are not necessarily the same thing.

How are the Arduino and the Pi going to be connected? That defines how you get the data from one to the other.

This not being the Raspberry Pi forum, we won't be helping you with the MySQL database part of your project.

This Python - Arduino demo may give you some ideas.

It is not clear why you have two Arduinos?

Will they both be connected to the RPi? If so, how?

...R

Robin2:
This Python - Arduino demo may give you some ideas.

It is not clear why you have two Arduinos?

Will they both be connected to the RPi? If so, how?

…R

Yes i’m just stating all i have on ground. I actually feel i would probably be needing an arduino for it