SendOnlySoftwareSerial Library will not import

SendOnlySoftwareSerial seems to be just the library I need as I port my Projects Basic code from the Parallax BS2pe to the Arduino Uno. The project has four displays each serviced by a serial port. I have SoftwareSerial up and running but a lightweight send only version which avoids designating an RX pin would be really useful and use fewer resources.

However when I load the library the IDE editor reports no errors but a test sketch will not compile, Web Creator/Editor reports the following error as I try to import the library:-

Libraries that could not be imported:
[jACc6oSx] 400 invalid_request: attribute "name" of response is missing and required, attribute: name, parent: response

I am a newbie on the Arduino and any guidance on how to make this library work would be appreciated.

TIA Andy B

Post a link to where you found this library. Please use the chain links icon on the toolbar to make the link clickable.

Is that a compile time error? If so there is likely a lot more to that error message.

"400 invalid_request" is an http error code, so it's rather odd that you see this when compiling your sketch. It might be a web editor issue rather than a library issue.

Why don't you install the IDE on your own computer?

andywb:
However when I load the library the IDE editor reports no errors but a test sketch will not compile

Please explain? Is that the normal editor on your computer? What does it mean that "the IDE editor does not report errors"? If it does not compile, which errors does it give?